CANCELLED – Scottish Highlights Including Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo – Sunday 2nd August 2020
Hotel Details: Sunday 2nd August 2020 1 Night – Breakfast & Evening meal included. 4* Lancaster House Hotel – nr The Lake District Stop over hotel on route to Scotland / Arrive Monday 3rd to Check out Saturday 8th August 2020 4* The Stirling Highland Hotel- Stirling, Scotland / Saturday 8th August 2020 1 Night – Breakfast & Evening Meal included 4* Lancaster House Hotel – nr The Lake District -Stop over hotel on route back to Milton Keynes
Date: Sunday 2nd August 2020
Information: What’s included:
- Half Board basis (Breakfast & evening meals included – Lunch instead of dinner on Friday 7th August)
- 1 X Lunch at Loch Katrine
- All rooms en suite
- Return coach travel
- Entrance fee on all excursions
- Monday 3rd August 2020 Kelpies- Falkirk, Scotland – The Kelpies are 30-metre-high horse-head sculptures depicting kelpies, standing next to a new extension to the Forth and Clyde Canal, and near River Carron. Guided tour of the Kelpies included.
- Wednesday 5th August 2020 Loch Katrine – In Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park – Admire the amazing landscape of Loch Katrine whilst onboard the world-famous Steamship Sir Walter Scott. After our cruise enjoy a lunch at the café which offers breath taking views right on the shore of Loch Katrine Listen to the tales and legends of Loch Katrine as narrated by the friendly crew.
- Tuesday 4th August 2020 Afternoon – Half Day excursion Glenturret Distillery – Crieff – The Distillery Experience will take you through the traditional art of making Glenturret single malt whisky which uses hand operated, time honoured methods. One of the distillery hosts will also bring to life the history and heritage of one of Scotland’s most iconic whisky brands. At the end of your 60-minute tour you will enjoy two whisky tastes from their exceptional distillery whisky range.
- Friday 7th August 2020 Afternoon visiting Edinburgh – Royal Yacht Britannia – Step aboard The Royal Yacht Britannia, Her Majesty the Queen’s former floating palace for over 40 years. Berthed in Edinburgh, follow in the footsteps of Royalty to discover the heart and soul of this most special of Royal residences.
- Friday 7th August 2020 Afternoon visiting Edinburgh – Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo 9pm performance – The 2020 show marks the 70th anniversary of the Tattoo. The Tattoo is an iconic Edinburgh institution, Music, dance and precision display with the Massed Pipes and Drums, the Massed Military Bands, cultural troupes, singers and the poignant refrain of the Lone Piper against the stunning backdrop of Edinburgh Castle. The 2020 show marks the 70th anniversary of the Tattoo. Seats are in section 4 rows M-P